Sunday, October 16, 2016

Guilt Consumes Me

Oh dear!

7:27 am... Oh, the guilt! It's killing me. Well, maybe not killing me, but it hurts. Okay, guilt might be too strong of a word - concern perhaps. No... It's kinda like concern, but it just last for like a half-second, maybe less. Oh, maybe I'm just thinking of awareness. Yes! I am aware that I failed to blog yesterday morning! And there was a moment where I felt something akin to mild guilt at disappointing the half-dozen people who might actually read this blog. I doubt they're the same people, and they certainly never comment or +1 or anything. But I'm certain they were very disappointed. And for that I apologize... especially after such a sleep-deprived downer of a rant on Friday morning.


It's okay! I'm here, alive and kicking - and blogging. And not feeling guilty, really. Guilt is something I have worked hard to release from my shoulders over the years. I do feel guilty about some things - cheating on my ex-wife (and ultimately leaving her,) the times when I don't control my anger quite like I should, when I eat crap that's bad for me (which is all the time,) and when I accidentally step on a cat (despite their dumb asses being underfoot constantly.) But, other than that, I try to keep the whole guilt thing to a minimum.

Yesterday was a make-up day in the sleep realm. Little man is at his (biological) father's this weekend, so Honey Bee and I took advantage and slept until around 9:00 am. It was grand! I actually woke up feeling refreshed for once, and had the inspiration to finish the third post on my other blog, MeaningWhatExactly? So, I jumped into that first thing, completely forgetting about poor little Morning Thoughts. But do not fear, my half-dozen readers! I shall not abandon you to the darkness ever again. Hopefully. Maybe. Well, I'll try not to do it too often. Occasionally-ish perhaps? Jesus! What are y'all whining about? There's TONS of shit almost as good out there... Read the New York Times for Christ's sake... 7:46 am...

No comments:

Post a Comment