Monday, October 24, 2016

Getting it Done

Some days are all about making it happen.
5:59 am... Life has reached a point - delayed about 25 years maybe - when it's all about getting it done. This weekend was homework, Halloween, cooking and planning meals for the week. There are a few moments of downtime, when you just have to step away from your brain - for me that means Google+, Tumblr, or Fallout 4 or old episodes of NCIS. Anything to just stop the grind of "have to, have to, have to" from eating up your brain.

This morning is the first of many experiments. It is the start of my new job, so the routine we've fallen into has been necessarily adjusted. Instead of hitting snooze a few times, I got up at 5:04 am, took a shower, trimmed my beard and got mostly ready. 5:30 am... time to wake up Little Man. He was very cooperative today, and was out of bed after just a few minutes - a sign that he is well rested. Bonus! Lunch for Honey Bee and I had been packed the night before so I just had to heat up coffee, make up some bottles of cold water and get back to the shower in time to dry off Little Man. 

He showers with Mama, but gets ready in his own bathroom, with me acting as drying off assistance and chauffeur from one bathroom to the next. I used to help with brushing teeth and combing hair, but he likes to do it on his own now - with the levels of success varying day-to-day. Again, it was a pretty good morning, he had to be prompted and redirected a few times, but at no point was a fit thrown during the getting ready process. Double-Bonus!!

After a near-catastrophe with uncomfortable shoes, Honey Bee and Little Man have made their way out the door, down the stairs and are en route to work and school, respectively. I sit here, blogging (obviously,) sipping my coffee and listening to the cats chase each other about the apartment.  I'm thinking through my day... The new job doesn't concern me. There will be lots to learn, new people to meet and all of that - but the work is right up my alley. Plus, the nice thing about work is that it typically handles itself, there's just stuff to get done, so you do it...

After work, there's dinner to cook (we're having pancakes and bacon tonight - with link sausage for Little Man,) then we need to finish the Halloween costume, get some more math homework done, get lunch packed for tomorrow, and a dozen other things, I'm sure... I like it when life is full... 6:21 am...

No comments:

Post a Comment