Thursday, November 3, 2016

Why I hate (and love) Tumblr

Why do I do this to myself?
6:37 am... I've just climbed out of the wormhole. I'm running late, and I'm exhausted. My head is now filled with weird and wonderful shit that almost certainly doesn't belong there. I hate that fact that I love Tumblr.

It has stolen away days of my life by now, and I'm a lightweight. The intent is so pure and innocent each and every time. 

me: Let's just spend a couple of minutes looking at posts.

my brain (3 hours later): you had class tonight, you know?

me: Damnit!! I'm done with Tumblr. I'm deleting the app right no... Oooh, a kitty dressed as an avocado for Halloween. <continues Tumbling>

It is The Devil in his most pure form. You are lured in by comics and vines and memes, then your soul is devoured and you spend eternity flipping through an endless heap of shitposts, seeking that one pure post which will make it all worth it. But they trick you! The Holy Post of Purity is a lie. It's just some video of a cat standing on its back legs, walking like a human. As you watch it, the creeping realization of your situation engulfs you, like a huge black wave moving in slow motion. You're damned, you're doomed. Tumblr... 6:49 am...

No comments:

Post a Comment